- Physical Well Being -7 - When viruses float from one person to another my immune system is well enough to avoid them. My sleep patterns are not always where I would like them, but I do have a goal, which I maintain, while studying. Setting goals are helpful to enjoy a healthy lifestyle. When the sun is shining, I try to spend 30 - 60 minutes walking in the fresh air and sunshine. I do not get as much exercise as I am accustomed to outside, but when the weather does not allow, I make up for it by running up and down stairs and cleaning house. I try to do resistance band exercises at least twice weekly, but would like to maintain three or four times a week. These exercises help arthritis pains. I do not take time for yoga as I like, but will do so when I can. I try to do Pilates every other day. Sometimes, I am not able to keep up with them either. With a vegan diet by choice my food intake is arthritic and allergy friendly.
- Spiritual Well Being - 8 - I study the bible every morning. I would like to read the bible through, again. I pray often throughout the day. I enjoy word studies from the original languages (Greek and Hebrew). Another activity to get to know our Creator and Redeemer is to study texts on the same subjects with the use of a concordance! This helps me to understand what God - the great "I Am" of the Bible is trying to teach me about these subjects. This is how I chose to have spiritual well being! I have much of the word written in my heart from years of memorizing. To care for the needs of others increases the psychospiritual realm of wellness.
- Psychological Well Being - 7 - Positive and optimistic thoughts are the norm of my mind. These types of thoughts create a joy/happiness that increases the wellness of the mind. Through the years I have learned to accept what cannot be changed, while making positive changes wherever possible. I have grown into a person, who is active and lively enjoying family and friends. I like to encourage others and lend a helping hand as needed. This is fulfilling to life in the psychological realm. To help others increases the health and well being each of the areas above!
Goals and Activities
- Goals to promote physical well being include: Hike into Cades Cove in the smoky mountains on a beautiful fall day. Take a canoe trip down a river. Increase cardio exercises to everyday. Do strength and stretch exercises everyday or every other day throughout the week.
- Goals for spiritual wellness is to read God's Word morning and evening, and study to find out God. Go with my family once monthly to feed the hungry, give them clothes and blankets, and whatever they need.
- Psychological wellness goals include using relaxation techniques and meditation like yoga, mental imagery, relaxation CD's, at three times weekly to clear the mind and reduce stress.
My Experience Listening to the relaxation CD: Crime of the Century
I have listened to Crime of the Century for Stress Management class. My experience was much different this time. Before I could not see any colors except for yellow and white at the end. This time I was able to imagine an item of a specific color to see the light in that color. To see the red light I related a deep red apple. Then, I could watch it in my mind's eye to travel down to my feet. I do not remember the feeling we were asked to feel. I imagined an orange to see the light in orange below the navel. I experienced the centeredness feelings of the central area of the body. To see the yellow light I imagined a bright yellow sun in the sky. This came from a window above the heart. I felt the love as was mentioned. I imagined an emerald color of the ocean to see the green light that came from a small round window in the throat area, which helps feelings of connections to family and friends. The indigo blue spinning out of the center of the eyes brought the mind to the indigo midnight color of the night sky lit up by the moon. I thought of deep purple grapes to see the color coming from the top of my head. I do not remember the feelings of these last two lights, because I was experiencing loud noises at the time. Last, the peace and calm felt when viewing the white light that enveloped my body. This is a coming together of all the colors of light! I felt calm and relaxed experiencing this CD. I do not understand why it is called The Crime of the Century!
Hello Teresa (The Wellness Balance for Health),
ReplyDeleteWhat a detailed and articulated post you provided! I noticed you mentioned that you have arthritis. Do you take any type of dietary supplement to assist in relieving the pain? What methods do you rely on the most to assist with arthritis? Any suggestions for what might work for other's but does not necessarily work for you?
I love how passionate you are about "our Creator and Redeemer." Do you pass these beliefs on to others and if so how? How, specifically, do you participate in caring for the needs of others?
I find your post inspirational and could use some of your positive energy and words to use in my future career, as a nutritional consultant. The only suggestion I have for you, Teresa, is to keep it up!!!
Happy New Year Theresa: I admire your commitment to exercise, daily bible reading and giving to others. Definitely an inspiration. I would expect that your positive outlook and experiences would benefit your clients greatly in their quest for health. I believe that you have made your life an example for others to follow which will be important in your career.
ReplyDeleteIn the rainbow exercise, I also pictured apples, oranges and the white light surrounding me and making me feel warm, relaxed and loved.
I would benefit from spending more time reading inspirational material and using more relaxation exercises as you do. Thanks for your inspirational blog. TeriC
What a great post! It truly reflects the person you are and how you feel in each state of wellbeing. Its great that your spiritual wellbeing is rated at an 8. I find it amazing that it is higher than your physical wellbeing and psychological wellbeing. It was hard for me to rate that one above a 5. I feel that spiritually I struggle between religion and faith. I find some teachings to be powerful and others to be questioned. There is not a one way "no doubt" path for me at this time. I have faith and believe in God but I have trouble following a religion. I thought your goals for spiritual wellbeing were good. Giving to others is always a positive thing and really can have an impact on our lives. It also opens our eyes to the many kinds of people that live in our world. It makes us grateful for what we have and makes us pray for those who go without. Thanks for your reflections.
ReplyDeleteHi Tracie,
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you!
To answer your questions about arthritis I do not take anything for arthritis pain at the moment. I use exercise - cardio, yoga, pilates and strength muscle/joint building exercises. Also I eat a vegan diet, which is very helpful. Very few sweets are included in my diet unless they are natural, like stevia, or sugar cane juice crystals and raw honey. To eat plenty of good fats and drink enough water keeps joints lubricated. I have notice getting enough sleep is essential to keep down the pain. Good posture is a factor, too.
I created a tea in the vitamins, herbs and supplement class, that I would like to manufacture, patent and get out on the market for arthritic relief. I am doing a ppt for capstones to help market it. This tea I would take for arthritis. I used to take a pureed juice drink that used vegetable glucosamine and the acia berry along with 18 other fruits. This helped arthritis pain, also.
I do share my beliefs with others, whitnessing for my faith. I share what God has done for me and my family, show others my faith by providing for their needs. I have given Bible studies in the past. Also, I pray with people, if they allow it.
Thank you for asking!
Hi Mackenzie,
ReplyDeleteMy spirituality comes from reading and following the Word of God to us. I am like you, I do not follow a religion; although I do have a specific religious faith that follows the Bible principles I have learned by praying for understanding of who God is. I do not want anyone's interpretation of this matter, but God Himself. I believe, if we desire to know the truth of God's Word the great "I Am" of the Bible will teach us. Study all texts on specific topics to understand what God wants to tell us about that topic. This has been interesting to me. I with you well in your search for spiritual enlightenment.
I would like to invite you to visit my website at: tlchealthandfitness.com There is more information on this website that you might find interesting!