Hi Everyone,
The clinging, grasping, attaching mind I call a whirl-wind mind, which fosters forgetfulness of unimportant issues until reaching full circle again. This has caused problems, but helps me remember things I need to accomplish or remember! This exercise has helped to free my mind of this cycle, momentarily creating a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy the stillness that results!
I enjoyed the subtle-mind exercise better than the loving-kindness exercise. I would continue this exercise, but not do the loving-kindness once again, because of the uneasy feelings felt during its application. Like I mentioned in the earlier post, I think that actions of loving kindness need to be shown daily. Some may benefit from the loving-kindness exercise to learn how to do the exercises, but I hope that these are put into practice with those around them, who are in need!
My desk top shows ocean waves flowing quietly, subtly splashing upon the rocks with a quote from God's Word which says, "I can do all things through Christ's strength," (Phil. 4:13). The sky shows a sunset reflection on the water. As I listened to waves splashing so quietly upon the rocks with flute background, and concentrated on my breathing, I felt the comfort from the scenes and sounds before me! My mind let go of the thoughts that whirled around in my mind! These emptied out to enjoy the comfort of the still mind as the witnessing mind related the thoughts above. Then, my mind turned to the calm-abiding mind without effort. God's Word - "Be still and know that I Am God", (Psalm 46:10), came flowing into the the calm quietude of a focused mind. Last, the mind of unity consciousness with its most aware state in stillness led to grasping God without letting go! Aware of His abiding presence with me as I ask Him. Because He abides with me, "I can DO ALL things" He desires for me, "through His STRENGTH", (see above)! I know these things bring complete health, happiness, and wholeness! To learn more go to: tlc wellness living.
When our minds and bodies are well we can see better through spiritual eyes. An example of illness affecting the mind and spiritual life comes from my mother, who developed an allergic reaction to something she ate. Hives kept her up all night. She had a hard time trying to tap into spiritual strength/help, because of focusing on how she felt. Again, I was able to encourage her and pray with her to get her focus back on track!
For myself, I pray while exercising which helps in all areas of mind, body, spirit wellness. My client of most days boasts that I do not get sick! This is a result of the wellness activities that I practice, along with trust in divine help, which is a part of the wellness practice each day! For more information on my wellness practice visit: tlchealthandfitness
No comments:
Post a Comment