In unit 3 I assessed my spiritual well-being as an eight, physical and psychological each as seven on a scale of one to ten. Now, I score myself on the spiritual, physical and psychological level, all as nine. The score has improved on each level, one for spiritual, and two for physical and psychological.
I have made great strides towards my goals and activities. For example, for the last week I have had a significant amount of cardio activity on a daily basis, stretches in the form of Pilate's, and Yoga every morning except only one instead of the three in each area everyday. The three yoga exercises vary each morning. I have accomplished strength exercises with the resistance band two to three days, weekly. Sleep and nutrition goals have been met daily of getting at least seven hours nightly with two before 12, also eating the right kinds of foods in balance and variety. Spiritual goals of daily bible readings morning and evening, with much prayer between are met, as well. These goals have been met and are further established through a daily schedule, which keeps my body rhythm in sync.
I have learned much in this course to develop and gain greater well-being. I enjoyed the prayer studies and Dr. Ornish studies on life style changes for integral healing and health. I also enjoyed the Purt studies on the neurotransmitters of proteins, which send signals to different body parts for an interesting communication process that lets the different body parts create connections between them. I must be careful not to use the areas of this learning process that goes against my faith, for example hypnosis, because in my belief that is allowing someone to take over my mind or someone else's mind. To me this is unethical. I know many have no problems with it and I respect their choices! This is the beauty of integral health we can each choose what best fits our system of beliefs with peace of mind!
I will help others by listening to their needs, their pains, their desires for betterment. I will let them share with me and as needed share my experiences that might help them grow in each area of healing, so they can see how I have grown as a person. This would establish a rapport with them, so they learn to trust me as a clinician. I can share different studies with them of how others have grown and measurements were taken to prove the outcomes. A commitment from them towards a program of healing body, mind and spirit along the path of their choosing will be implemented into a plan of action that will help them towards their goals for a flourishing experience of a new and healthy life change!
Thats awesome that you have made so many positive moves!! Also just wanted to tell you the best of luck with your degree. I have also myself worked to getting more sleep. At one time I have averaging only 5 hours of sleep per night which was in no shape or form good for me. Now I'm getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep and I have tell the difference. Good luck your career of helping others.
ReplyDeleteHi Journey1977,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the encouragement! Sleep surely makes a difference! Through it all I did not get sick! I am happy about that! The rest of the health laws and water treatment kept my white blood cell count high! I am happy I was able to stay healthy through it all!
I wish you the best in your career move to benefit the needs of others, too! I am proud of your achievements throughout the course of this class, too! We have all grown as a class together! Thank you for your part in my growth process!
Teresa