Thursday, December 15, 2011

Relaxation Technique - Journey On CD By: Teresa Cooper

As I listened to Journey On, I felt my shoulders relax, because I suggested the blood to flow to the shoulders, arms and hands.  My shoulders and neck were stiff and painful.  Listening and redirecting the flow of blood from the stomach through the thought process to the neck, shoulders, arms and hands helped relieve the stressed, tight neck and shoulder muscles.  My hands and arms felt warm, and I felt relaxed from my head to my toes.  These relaxation techniques are helpful to alleviate stress and tight muscles!  Taking slow deep breaths allowed my muscles to relax, while thinking "relax", and using thoughts to bring blood flow from the interior of the body to the exterior, as described above.  Then, through suggestive thoughts the flow of blood was reversed from exterior to interior.  The relaxation lingers on after the process is finished and the CD is over, so I am looking forward to a good night's sleep!  Check our the information on health and fitness for more information!

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that this way of thinking is great! I never really figured out why these things worked until I read Chapter 2 of Daucher this week, I think I will finish the book on my own if we don't in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed reading Dacher, too! We have learned a lot in only two units! I plan on finishing the book, as well!

    ReplyDelete