Sunday, January 29, 2012

Unit 7 The Subtle Mind Exercise

This exercise started out great!  I envisioned the wisest person I know, Jesus Christ!  I concentrated on His life, how he gave his food to others who had less, He taught us to give our coat and shirt to those without.  He watched for opportunity to help others in need expecting nothing in return.  I remembered His wise sayings!  He said, "I Am the Truth the Life and the Way, no one comes to the Father, but by Me."  He admonished us to abide in Him and He would abide in us.  We can do ALL things through Him!  If I do not know what to write or how to start an assignment, I ask and He gives me the know how with all the details! 

The part of the Alesclepius exercise where it asked us to envision the wise person and see light to go to the throat, etc.  I felt uneasy about.  I only have to ask to be filled with the wisdom of the Lord as the need arises!  I have been infilled with His wisdom every time I have asked.  I do not believe the envisions of light provide the true wisdom.  I plan to continue to ask for my needs, believing I will receive!  This helps enlightening my mind, keep it clear and on what is important.  Free from mental selfishness that causes, so much mental deficient behaviors and psychological illness!

"One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself," (Dacher, 2006, p. 447).  If we do not embark on the journey of health, how can we lead others on this most important journey?  I have studied the eight laws of health in relation to God's Word.  As I apply them to my life to flourish in health, I can share them with others.  These practices keep me free from illness, happy and whole - my wellness witness for others to observe. 

One of the practices of the integral approach that I must steer clear of is hypnosis, because this goes against my Christian faith.  For two reasons I cannot lead another in this practice: 1.) It would be hypocritical of me to lead others, where my faith cannot lead me.  2.) I do not know how to practice hypnosis, so I could damage the other person and my credibility as a practitioner.

I believe, I have an obligation to develop spiritually, physically and psychologically.  The biblical eight laws of health promote each of these to the fullest extent!  When others see that we are flourishing in each of these areas, others will desire to have a similar experience.  There is nothing like example to promote the flourishing healthful lifestyle of integral health!  Spiritual, physical and mental development is what integral health is all about and sharing the experience with others, optimal health! 

I incorporate integral health through stress management, proper nutrition, and exercise, deep breathing exercises in the fresh air, bible study and prayer, nature walks, plenty of pure water, sleep/rest, sunlight, with balance and variety in all things, and stay away from harmful substances.  Applying the principle of loving-kindness, calmness and unity consciousness through the biblical principles of the eight laws of health gives me the full spectrum of health, we have been promoting as integral health. 

6 comments:

  1. Teresa,
    It seems like you have clearly identified the path you would like to take. This is difficult for many people because they have not found or have been raised with beliefs or traditions. Holistic health is about inviting us to tap into our spirt, mind, and body. However we do this is up to us. The practice provided us with exercises and guidelines that we can utilize to get us to that point but it truly takes ourselves and personal preference to find spiritual, physical, and mental wellbeing. It is great that you believe so strongly in your faith and that you utilize the methods and practices you have been taught. If those provide you with spiritual, mental, and physical wellbeing than you have found your path to integral health and life long happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mackenzie,

      Yes, I believe that these practices work for me! My mind is free in the Love of my Savior! I am thankful for choices, and hope you are finding your direction with integral health principles, as well! Best Wishes in your journey!

      Delete
  2. Wow Teresa,

    I love this. The fact that your focus was Jesus Christ is incredible. I am a firm believer in Jesus Chirst and I strive everyday in all situations to live the WWJD mentality. I can see where some of the meeting Aesclepius exercise would be difficult because we are striving to be like Jesus so some of the visualization may be difficult to put your self in his place.

    I love how you incorporate integral health in your life and I am going to implement some of what you do into my integral growth. God's Blessings on your future endeavors. Until next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne,

      I am happy that I could help you on your journey towards integral health! That is the goal to encourage others in their journey for peace and quietness of mind leading to health in all areas such as physical, spiritual and even financial health, etc. I wish you the best! May the Lord bless you as you grow in health and life!

      Delete
  3. Hello Teresa,
    There are many religions and paths to enlightenment as there are people in the world. These paths will change as we grow individually and there will be pot holes to avoid and bridges to cross. In other words, coming to know ourselves can be a glass of salty water or milk and honey but as long as we are willing to drink, the personal purpose for our life will unfold like a blossoming lotus flower. Teachers, guides, etc. come to us in ways that make it possible to connect with the lessons needing to be learned and shared with others. Always try to keep an open mind about all things and a strong mind to stay focus on your purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi La Shonda,

      I agree, their are many ways to gain integral health taught throughout the world. I am open to others needs and desires, but I appreciate that we all have choices, and it is fine to reject things that may not work in my own path, but they may work for the path of another!

      I like the illustration of opening of lotus blossoms as life and its purpose unfolds for us! This has been my plot recently! And each of our plots! Best Wishes as you find your plot in life and fulfill your dreams!

      Delete