In the practice of universal loving-kindness I found the rest for my body and mind and repeated the blessings upon all human kind as follows: May all individuals gain freedom from suffering. May all individuals find sustained health, happiness and wholeness. May I assist all individuals in gaining freedom from suffering. May I assist all individuals in finding health, happiness and wholeness. Since, I do not believe in repeating more than three repetitions in keeping with my faith and avoiding hypnotic reactions. I prayed to the Lord to help me in these endeavors according to His will. More than three repetitions tend towards hypnotic behavior. I must avoid this to keep myself faithful to my Savior!
For the integral assessment I closed my mind to quiet its activity and body movements. The suffering and difficult occurrences are found in interpersonal behaviors. I found myself becoming angry over something I perceived had happened that did not happen at all. I prayed that this person would find compassion, because this trait was rarely seen in the past. I also prayed that the problem would be solved without my intervention. The experience became enlightened, when he called and told me where to find what I would have asked from him. Both these prayers were answered before I prayed them! My point is that I had no need to get angry, because I did not know the circumstances. This instance created a learning experience for me that next time I should not get upset, but just pray without letting myself react. I am thankful I did not react to the other person. This was answer to prayer, also.
Another interpersonal problem has yet to be solved, although it may be solved through prayer. I just do not know about it, yet. Someone is mad at me for a mistake. I had no control over when I could make it right. I just kept my word and made it right, when I said I could. The rest is in the Lord's hands. I have not allowed myself to get upset over this, because I knew I did the best that I could in the situation. We cannot control how others react, but I have seen powerful result of prayer over such situations. We will see how the Lord has intervened tomorrow. Prayer is the best activity to receive better health and wellness in this area! Well, this prayer has been answered, too. The person is not upset anymore! I am thankful that this interpersonal happenstance has been solved!
The biggest problem with this is that a person never really knows what happened, unless they were directly involved. I personally don't like to get upset with other people, when it has nothing to do with me, or it shouldn't concern me. For example my mother in law and my husband's friend are at war with each other right now, she doesn't like him and he's only tried to be helpful. I understand how my mother in law could be frustrated, but it really isn't my concern so I stay out of it. I do find it interferes occasionally with things that we all do together, but she will have to deal with it and not ruin what is going on. I personally think that God is a person that does not interfere with affairs, and a person's free will is always there, so some prayers (no matter how hard you want it), will just never happen.
ReplyDeleteHi Kim,
DeleteI respect your thoughts and beliefs, but I have experienced hard minds melt through prayer! I have experienced the working of answered prayer first hand! And prayers continue to be answered! The experience of answered prayers is amazing! For example my friend locked her keys in her truck close to where I live, when she called for my help, I came to her rescue. Upon arriving home she could not find her extra set of keys. I prayed for her peace of mind, the know how to get into her truck and all the needs in the situation. Before she went to sleep she remembered a number on her keys that would allow the dealer to make a new key. We arrived in time to pick up the key before the placed closed in answer to another prayer. We were able to get her truck home safe and sound! Just sharing the experience according to my faith! I have seen too much! I believe God answers prayer in all things!
Hi Teresa,
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about the Universal Loving-Kindness exercise as you do. I only read it one time, with feeling and meaning and tried to do this every day. Like you, I felt like I like was saying a blessing for others. I think that we all have problems with interpersonal relationships and I have found that by not making other people's problems my own and being positive, I can deal with it more effectively. Although, it is still really hard to do sometimes, so I have to quiet myself and let them 'get it off of the chest' and respond as positively as possible. I also pray for that person, God does work mircles in our lives and I am so thankful for that. Keep up the good work and never let up on your faith.
Anita
Hi Anita,
DeleteThank you for your encouraging words! To practice loving-kindness for others helping them expecting nothing in return helps us have fulfillment giving our minds healing, and ultimately heals us physically, and spiritually.
Keep your faith alive, too, so we can carry on with Jesus!